Friday, February 20, 2009

Memorial Helen T. Sharkey, my Ma

I have been in New Jersey this last week, witnessing the passing of my mother, and have not been involved with my web work. Some how in the scheme of my life, the issues of the world have diminished in value. They are small when compared with the issues of living, real living, death, and the true value of family. Ma( Helen) was 94 years old, and was sound of mind till the last series of illness affected her. Ma was received by the Hospice at Toms River Community Hospital, last week. Myself and my brother Dennis and Thom were able to share Ma passing to the next stage, she joined my Dad ( Vince). I believed that she longed to be with Vince for many years. What joy it must be to reunited with our families in the next life! I was with her when she passed quiet in the early hours of the morning. I believe that the services that will follow this weekend are more of an occasion of saying Thank You for all the good that Ma has bestowed on me and my family, friends and the world. For all that is good in me I thank you Ma and Dad, for all the harm that I have been, it falls upon my own devices.
In the fashion of people of hope and joy, we will be having the Gathering of the family before the funeral. Many of the family from far off will be together on this day. Brother , and grand children that live much further then my Florida home.
So I will cry, but mostly from joy that I have been loved by such a great person as my Ma was. Now it is time to get back to the world, in a sense coffee break is over! Please excuse the babel of this post, but to me it has been very newsworthy.
Kevin Sharkey

No comments:

Post a Comment